Sure, everyone gets contemplative this time of year, but I think a look back can also be very valuable. Knowing where we’ve been helps us figure out where we’re going.
At the beginning of 2012 I pledged to take my writing more seriously, focus on getting published, and try to make a career out of being a writer.
With that goal in mind, it’s been an incredible year:
- My story Fanboys was published in The Boys Club.
- My story Blindside was published in Like it or Not.
- I got to meet Chuck Palahniuk
- My sex life was blogged about by one of my favorite erotica authors.
- My story Turnabout was published in Felt Tips.
- I have several upcoming releases including The Big Book of Bondage and Sudden Sex.
- I’m editing an anthology for Storm Moon Press called Missed Connections. (You’ve still got a couple of days to submit!) It will be released in May of 2013 and putting it together is going to be a huge adventure!
- Overall, I’ve had 12 stories accepted in 2012 which includes 10 anthologies and one website. Some of those I haven’t been able to announce yet – and that means 2013 is already shaping up to be a great year!
Looking towards 2013 I know I’ve got my work cut out for me. I’ve made a number of resolutions and I look forward to being able to write a very exciting year in review in twelve months.
Thank you for being with me on this journey.